Training: Tweet"NoSQL in Action"
More and more companies learn that the age of polyglot persistence has come. Leaving the "one-size-fits-all" dogma means take two or three databases and use their advantages for special use-cases you have. In this tutorial we will use three databases. Two of them have been proven to obtain significant market domination: MongoDB and Redis. We will address DynamoDB as the third scaling machine. Its release stirred up the NoSQL world in January 2012 and already created a buzz of additional, layers, libs and services.
* A preview on Datomic
* The basic features of DynamoDB, MongoDB and Redis
* Trade off's. Advantages and disadvantages for specific access patterns
* Architectural issues and operational considerations
* Install these databases fast
* Fire basic CRUD ops against them
* Set up a replication architecture
* Set up or learn how to scale
* If time, play with additional features as GridFS, Geo, Lua, Message Queues, monitoring tools etc.