Training: Tweet"REST in Practice - A Tutorial on Web-based Distributed Systems"
The Web is fast becoming a serious competitor to traditional enterprise architecture approaches. This tutorial will provide an introduction to RESTful Web Service techniques, both from a theoretical and practical perspectives. The tutorial is broken down as follows:
* The Web Architecture
* Simple Web Integration including POX and URI tunnelling
* CRUD Services using URI templates and HTTP
* Semantics using Microformats and RDF
* Hypermedia and the REST architectural style
* Scalability and how a text-based client-server polling protocol outperforms everything else!
* ATOM and ATOMPub for event-driven and pub/sub applications Security
* Conclusions and further thoughts
Participants should be comfortable with distributed computing concepts, but won't need any particular integration or middleware experience