Training: Tweet"A user user manual (how to build software that works the way your users think)"
Learn how to build software that works the way users’ brains work. Based on psychological principles and the results of hundreds of hours of user testing, this class shows you why users behave the way they do, and what you can do to make sure your software supports their mental processes.
People are strange. The way they interact with our software is often unbelievable to us. Why can't they just click the damn button? In reality, much of users’ “random” behavior is actually very predictable when we understand how people think. Once you are familiar with these thought processes, you can build software that appeals better to your users.
What you’ll learn:
• How to structure your software so that it works the way people think
• The reason why some design elements “just work”, and how to apply them consciously to your product
• How to write better UI text, dialogs and error messages
• How to get and retain users’ attention
• The ingredients that make people love the software they use
• Cognitive concepts – how our brains work
• Perception concepts – how we see the world
• Physical concepts - Emulating the real world on a computer screen
• Workflow concepts – rules for designing better applications
• Communicating through the UI
• Designing delightful software interfaces