Ian Robinson, TweetRESTful development specialist
Biography: Ian Robinson
Ian Robinson is a Principal Consultant with ThoughtWorks, where he specializes in the design and delivery of service-oriented and distributed systems.
He has written guidance for Microsoft on implementing integration patterns with Microsoft technologies, and has published articles on business-oriented development methodologies and distributed systems design - most recently in The ThoughtWorks Anthology (Pragmatic Programmers, 2008).
He is currently co-authoring a book on RESTful enterprise integration.
Training: Tweet"REST in Practice - A Tutorial on Web-based Distributed Systems"
- Introduction and Motivation
- The Web Architecture
- Simple Web Integration including POX and URI tunnelling
- CRUD Services using URI templates and HTTP
- Semantics using Microformats and RDF
- Hypermedia and the REST architectural style
- Scalability and how a text-based client-server polling protocol outperforms everything else!
- ATOM and ATOMPub for event-driven and pub/sub applications Security
- Conclusions and further thoughts